The Communications/City Clerk Department is committed to engaging and communicating with the members of our community, and to ensuring openness, transparency, and excellence in the functioning of City government.
Half Moon Bay values engaging residents to work together to create a true community - one where there is a sense of belonging, trust, and relationships among the City and our community members. The City's communications initiatives include the Half Moon Bay NET community academy, our quarterly hard copy newsletter, weekly email newsletter, frequent web postings, and occasional flyers and advertisements - all designed to reach, inform, and engage all segments of our community.
We encourage people to participate in Planning and Public Works outreach meetings, Council Listening Sessions, various Study Sessions of the Council or Planning Commission, Capitol Improvement Project community outreach meetings, the State of the City presentation, and many other opportunities to be involved, build relationships, and get engaged around key issues as partners with the City.
- Click here to go to the agenda center for current and previous agendas, minutes, and meeting videos.
The City Clerk function provides equal access to open and transparent government, ensuring the integrity of the participatory process, bridging internal and external communication pathways, and enhancing the public’s trust in local government.
Among the functions of the City Clerk are:
- Support the City Council, and record the actions and proceedings of City Council meetings
- Maintain all City records
- Agenda preparation
- Public meetings
- Conduct municipal elections
- Administer the City’s Records Management Program
- Maintaining Half Moon Bay’s Municipal Code
- Administer regulations relating to the Fair Political Practices Commission
- Provide information services to the public and City personnel through public records request
The Clerk also coordinates City Council meetings which are typically held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month.