- Click here to register for one of our outdoor recreation programs taking place this Spring/Summer 2021.
- Check out the Virtual Recreation page for fun, creative, and educational content the whole family can enjoy.
- Parks Master Plan adopted. Please click here for more information.
- To download a class registration form click here and drop it off at our office Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm, or mail your form with a check payable to Half Moon Bay Recreation located at 535 Kelly Ave. Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Learning, fun, fitness, and community are at the center of Half Moon Bay Recreation!
The Half Moon Bay Recreation Department is dedicated to providing a range of recreation programs, services, and opportunities to the entire community, along with parks, trails, and playing fields for your outdoor fun.
There’s something fun, affordable, and educational for everyone in the family, year ’round!
The City has a number of parks, playgrounds, and trails for your year 'round use. You can even volunteer to "Adopt-a-Park!" And for the skateboarders in our community, we offer a world-class skate park completed in 2016, located at 535 Kelly Avenue.
The Recreation program also manages several facilities which are available for your parties, meetings, celebrations, and other activities.
Parks and Recreation Commission
Comprised of five individuals representing the community, appointed by the City Council. The Commission advises the Council on various policy issues and other matters related to the City’s parks and recreation programs and facilities. Commissioners serve four-year terms. Commission meetings are held every 4th Wednesday of each month 6 pm at 537 Kelly Avenue. Commission meeting agendas are available here, and you may reach the Commissioners by emailing the City Clerk at email@example.com.
Members of the Recreation Commission:
- Paulette Eisen, Chair
- Hilary Stamper, Vice Chair
- Patricia Black, Recreation Commissioner
- Adam Eisen, Recreation Commissioner
- Luis Ruiz Haro, Recreation Commissioner
Friends of Half Moon Bay Parks & Recreation
The City is grateful to the nonprofit Friends of Half Moon Bay Parks & Recreation for their support! This group assists in fundraising and other activities to help ensure that the people of Half Moon Bay and the coastside have access to parks and recreational opportunities.