Community Services Nonprofit Grant Program
CSFA Grant Program
The City of Half Moon Bay is pleased to provide the Community Services Financial Assistance (CSFA) grant program. It’s designed to provide funding to nonprofit organizations in Half Moon Bay in support of their local community services programs, and it provides a wonderful opportunity for collaboration toward meeting those needs.
Local nonprofits are encouraged to apply for grants from the CSFA to support their local activities and programs serving the community. Local nonprofits can apply for grants that will typically range between $5,000 and $10,000. Grants are not intended to support an agency's fundraising efforts; they may only be used to fund specific programs that directly serve the community members of Half Moon Bay.
Applications are due by Wednesday, May 12 by 5:00pm!
- Applicants must be formally incorporated nonprofit entities based in Half Moon Bay, or provide services throughout San Mateo County and can demonstrate that they are serving the Half Moon Bay community.
- Applicants should provide a service that is not a duplication of an existing public sector program; OR if the service is duplicated, applicants must demonstrate why it is a necessary duplication.
- No more than 15% of the City’s grant funds can be used toward the applicant’s administrative costs.
- The typical range for grants is $5,000 to $10,000.
- Priority will be given to applicants who:
- align with current City Council Priorities and Strategic Elements
- are specifically providing COVID-19 relief and support services.
- Actively work to expand diversity, inclusion and provide community outreach
- Incorporate innovative thinking in projects and programs that address new circumstances due to COVID-19.
- Applicants must complete and submit the required application online (link is above).
- The application period for fiscal year 2021/2022 will open - April 13, 2021
- Deadline to apply for funds for fiscal year 2021/2022 - May 12, 2021
- City staff will review all applications for completeness; any applications which are incomplete or incorrect will not be considered.
- The City Council CSFA Subcommittee will review the content of all applications and make a recommendation to the full City Council.
- The City Council of Half Moon Bay will take the CSFA Subcommittee's recommendation into consideration and make the final decisions on all grant funding.
- Any questions regarding the Community Services Financial Assistance grant program or the application process should contact Victor Gaitan, Management Analyst, at 650-750-2010 / email@example.com
- Applicants may apply for funding annually
- Grantees are required to submit a mid-year and a year-end report to the City, both demonstrating how the money is being used and outcomes achieved through the funding, in accordance with the objectives in the funding agreement. Reporting forms will be provided.
- The mid-year report must be submitted no later than January 21, 2022; the year-end report must be submitted no later than June 10, 2022.
- Any annual applications must include a detailed report on how the grant funding was spent in the previous year.