Earth Year Resources
- Another source for AQI data using indoor and outdoor sensors in your neighborhood.
- Spare the Air was created in 1991 by the Bay Area Air Quality Management District to alert residents when air quality is forecast to be unhealthy and to share information on ways to reduce air pollution.
- Discounts on residential solar systems and electric vehicles. Registration open from September - November.
- Available to check out at the Half Moon Bay Library. The Check-It-Out Home Energy and Water Saving Toolkit program provides free resources to help San Mateo County residents perform a basic assessment of the efficiency of their home energy and water use and to improve it where possible. This program is not only designed to help residents save money on their utility bills, but to also increase the comfort of their home and act as an educational resource.
- The Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) is a collaboration of the nine counties that make up the San Francisco Bay Area. Led by the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG), BayREN provides regional-scale energy efficiency programs, services, and resources.
- Save Energy. Get Paid. OhmConnect is a free service that rewards you for saving electricity when it matters most to the grid and the environment. Sign up and receive email or SMS notifications to see your OhmHour for the week and your forecasted energy savings goal. Each time you meet or exceed that goal, you earn points that you can then cash out directly. Less dirty energy, more money in your pocket.