How do I become a registered operator?

First, we suggest speaking with City Staff to discuss Short-Term Rental provisions within Half Moon Bay (tel:650-726-8270). Second, you will want to fill out an application and include the required information, which can be found in the application checklist, and pay the fee. Finally, staff will verify if the proposed short-term rental is consistent with the Half Moon Bay Short-Term Rental and Home Occupation Ordinance and request any additional information needed prior to registering the STR.

Show All Answers

1. What is a short-term rental (STR)?
2. What is an unhosted short-term rental?
3. What is a hosted short-term rental?
4. What is a primary residence/primary residency?
5. Can a short-term rental be in a recreational vehicle (RV) or accessory dwelling unit (ADU)?
6. How do I become a registered operator?