How many chickens & roosters may I have on my property?

According to Section 18.06.025 of the Municipal Code, a maximum of two domestic foul may be permitted in the Single-Family and R-2 Zoning District at any one time. Three or more domestic foul are permitted in a Single-Family Zoning District upon securing a Use Permit. Roosters are strictly prohibited in all Residential Districts. If your property is not within a single-family residential district, please contact the Planning Division at 650-726-8270.

“Domestic fowl” means chickens, ducks, geese, pea fowl, pigeons, turkeys and other fowl typically used for food or food products, which may create a disturbance to the peace within residential districts.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Local Coastal Program?
2. What is a General Plan?
3. How do I find out what my property is zoned?
4. What are setbacks? What are the setbacks for my property?
5. Where am I permitted to place a storage shed or shop (accessory structure) on my property?
6. Can I build an addition to my home?
7. How many parking spaces do I need?
8. What can I do with my property?
9. Who should I call if I have questions regarding property within Half Moon Bay City Limits?
10. What is being built in Half Moon Bay?
11. When is a sign permit required?
12. How many chickens & roosters may I have on my property?
13. How many pets may I have on my property?
14. What is the size of my property?
15. Is my property in a floodplain?
16. What is the process for a person to receive a Planning Director or Planning Commission agenda in the mail?
17. When do Community Development Director and Planning Commission Meetings Occur?
18. What is a Coastal Development Permit (CDP)? What is the process for a CDP?
19. What do I need to do to operate a business at my residence?
20. Can I place a second dwelling unit on my property?
21. How much are application fees?
22. How high can my fence be?
23. Can eaves, decks, and other similar things project into my property setbacks?
24. How much signage is my business allowed?